One of Kerala’s most well-known poets is Murukan Kattakada, formerly known as Murukan Nair. Kattakada, who is best known for the popular poem “Kannada,” has achieved enormous fame among young people in Kerala, largely because of his own distinctive manner of reciting poetry.
Murukan Kattakada, who was born on May 25, 1967, was from the outlying village of Kuchappuram, Amachal, located in Kattakada, Thiruvananthapuram. Murukan Kattakada, the late Raman Pillai and late Karthyayani Amma’s son, received his primary education in Kurudamkode. He received his undergraduate degree in economics from Christian College in Kattakada and his postgraduate degree in the same field from University College in Thiruvananthapuram. He also completed his M.Phil. at the University of Kerala.
Murukan Kattakada has worked as a teacher as a profession since 1992. He has been a senior Economics teacher at SMV School in Thiruvananthapuram since 1998. His debut publication, “Unaraatha Pathmatheerthangal,” was published in 1999 and was inspired by a murder that took place in Thiruvananthapuram’s Pathmatheertha Kulam. Since then, Murukan Kattakada has achieved success as a poet in Malayalam literature, having published nearly 59 poems. Within one and a half months of its release, the next edition of the book “Kannada” had to be produced due to public demand. The bookstores are out of stock of the sixth edition of “Murugan Kattakayude Kavithakal,” which was released just three months earlier.
Famous Poems of Murukan Kattakada
- Kadam Kadama Kadamanitta – Murukan Kattakada കടം കടമ കടമ്മനിട്ട – മുരുകൻ കാട്ടാക്കട
- Onam – Murukan Kattakada ഓണം – മുരുകൻ കാട്ടാക്കട
- Kannada – Murukan Kattakada കണ്ണട – മുരുകന് കാട്ടാക്കട
- Kalanju Poya Suhruth – Murukan Kattakada കളഞ്ഞുപോയ സുഹൃത്ത് – മുരുകൻ കാട്ടാക്കട
- Kathirippu – Murukan Kattakada കാത്തിരിപ്പ് – മുരുകൻ കാട്ടാക്കട
- Thirikeyathra – Murukan Kattakada തിരികെയാത്ര – മുരുകന് കാട്ടാക്കട
- Nee Aduthundayirunna Kalam – Murukan Kattakada നീ അടുത്തുണ്ടായിരുന്ന കാലം – മുരുകൻ കാട്ടാക്കട
- Parayuvanakathorayiram Kadanangal – Murukan Kattakada പറയുവാനാകാത്തൊരായിരം കദനങ്ങള് – മുരുകന് കാട്ടാക്കട
- Baghdad – Murugan Kattakkada ബാഗ്ദാദ് – മുരുകന് കാട്ടാകട